Lots of things have been written by lots of people concerning travel packing. Some pack only what they're able to carry, others travel with tons of luggage, waiting for some kind (or paid) person to carry them. And items of clothing... there comes the big dilemma: what to pack, what to wear.
I've lived in two countries and traveled a lot back and forth (and to other countries) so I could give one advice or two, based on my personal belief on traveling.
- I never carry more than I can handle. I have no intention of paying anyone to carry my own stuff so I usually take a trolley suitcase and my handbag. And ocasionaly, my laptop.
- I tend to find key pieces. A black dress, booties with a comfortable heel (my all time favorites), lots of different stockings and socks and pashminas.
- Black is a colour matching with anything. So I tend to have more black clothes that anything else. Generally, and while travelling.
- You can always put a dazzling dress between your everyday clothes. You never know when you'll need one. Just don't take one that takes half the space of your suitcase.
- When you travel, you'd better wear things you're comfortable with. No heels larger than life, no micromini skirts, no cleavage. And if by any chance you're traveling by plane, avoid to drink alcohol. It usualy gives a terrible headache when you're landing