21.10.12

Comfort food.

For those of you who have followed my blog for some time now (or for those who know me, for that matter) it should be pretty obvious now that food keeps a big place in my mind. I like cooking and am quite a gourmet (It is one of the few things I'd give money away for). But recently, I've been through a phase where nothing tasted good, regardless who made it. It was some kind of food depression. And then, a dear friend of mine who's my cooking inspiration made someting that changed my mind completely: orzo with miced meat in a pot. It was the pure definition of comfort food. Not too sweet, not too sour not too spicy. And today I cooked it for the first time, for my parents. Having them appreciate my food is twice as satisfying as anyone else, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment