29.12.14

Shiny looks, empty contents

Christmas is the period where everyone tends to be a little showy. Shiny outfits, glamorous situations, cozy homes, perfect families, the best photo under the mistletoe. Even if you won't be able to spend the rest of the month, the turkey shall always decorate the table. And in the end, there's nothing more dreadful than the family table, full of people who are trying too much, who are exhausted from their everyday lives, who don't even want to be with each other, having useless fights.

I'm being quite the antisocial lately, I know. But if you get beyond all that showiness, you can arrive to things that really matter. Like, who is really close to you, who you can have meaningful relationships with and what makes you calm, what are the reasons for you to carry on.

I'm in the country where I grew up and I feel calm and collected. And preparing for what comes next...

Happy holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment